I've learned that many students aren't aware of some of the resources available to them. So here's a short list.
- Amazon offers students discounted shipping on through a program called Student Prime. Basically, you receive 2-day shipping similar to the Amazon Prime program. There are some limitations, so be sure to read carefully. Read more in this post.
- CUNY eMall offers CUNY students many discounts. Particularly noteworthy are deep discounts on software such as Microsoft Suites and operating systems.
- Working Advantage (from CUNY emall) City University of New York (CUNY) has a valuable membership with Working Advantage and our employees now have access to exclusive discounts for movie theatres, movie rentals, theme parks, ski tickets, Broadway theatre, special family events, online shopping and much more.
- Registering is easy. Simply go to the Working Advantage website link below and click on "Register". Using our Member ID 101218, you may complete your one-time registration for free and create your own personal account with a password of your choice. Once you have registered, you can order either online or by phone at 1-800-565-3712 Monday through Friday 8am - 6pm EST or Saturdays 9am - 5pm EST.
- If you would like to view their current order form, click Order Form.
- Sample Discounts: AMC movie tickets for $6.50 (Silver Experience) - $8.00 (Gold Experience)
- Admission is free with valid CUNY student ID (regular admission is now $25!!!)
- Jazz at Lincoln Center
- $10 Student Rush Tickets
- Tickets may be purchased at the Jazz at Lincoln Center Box Office one hour prior to the event, based on availability. Also, Dizzy’s Club Coca-Cola features live jazz nightly, full dinner, and drinks*. Discounted cover-charges for students are: $15 for 9:30 pm artist sets Sunday, Tuesday–Thursday and 11:30 pm Friday–Saturday; $10 on Mondays and $5 for After Hours. On Mondays, Dizzy’s Club Coca-Cola also features talented jazz students from local area schools including The Juilliard School.
- Lincoln Center Presents series
- $20 Student Tickets
- Full-time students under the age of 30 may purchase up to two $20 discounted tickets at the Alice Tully Hall or Avery Fisher Hall Box Offices, starting at two weeks prior to select performances. Bring your student ID and proof of age to purchase. Restrictions may apply.
- Metropolitan Opera
- Student Discount Tickets for full time students, age 29 or under, are available at 10 am on the day of the performance (pending availability), and may be purchased at the Metropolitan Opera’s box office. Prices are $25 for weekday performances and $35 for Friday and Saturday performances. A valid student ID and proof of age must be presented at the time of purchase. We are aware that some elementary schools do not provide a student ID. Exceptions will be made when the student is present at the time of purchase. Limit two tickets per performance. Call Met Ticket Service at 212.362.6000 for current Student Discount Ticket availability.
- NYPHIL Rush Tickets
- $12.50 Student Rush Tickets*
- *Student Rush tickets are offered throughout the season based on availability. You may purchase rush tickets online up to 10 days before the concert or at the Avery Fisher Hall Box Office on the day of performance. (Rush tickets cannot be purchased via telephone.) To check on Student Rush ticket availability, visit nyphil.org/rush or visit the homepage for availability on upcoming concerts. (Concerts will have a “Student Rush Tickets” icon when rush tickets available.) Limit two tickets per valid student ID.
- (From their website) LOW COST (AND SOMETIMES FREE) TICKETS AND ADMISSIONS TO NEW YORK ENTERTAINMENT, MUSEUMS AND MORE
- StudentRush.Org: Registered members (registration is free) can learn all the secret rules of getting inexpensive or rush tickets to Broadway and Off-Broadway theatre as well as opera, dance, classical and pop music performances, museums (including FREE ADMISSION TIMES), clubs and special events. Learn more
Please feel free to add additional discounts in the comments section!