Lesson - brainstorming a research idea
Do the following in the allotted time.
Total Time: 60 mins
- Write down your research idea in a full question.
- If you had to choose a single main "theme" for you project, what would it be? e.g. Education, Criminal Justice, Civic Society, etc.
- Who do you want to interview?
- Why do you want to do this project?
- Why do think this project is important?
- What do you think the answer is? (at least 2 hypotheses)
- Do you think you will approach your project from a quantitative / qualitative perspective? Why?
- Do you think you will approach your project more from a deductive or inductive reasoning? Why?
- What paradigms inform your research project? Explain.
- turn to your neighbor and discuss your topic
- find others researching similar ideas and discuss your topic
- Share your ideas with class