It's always a challenge to properly format references and citations. Below are some useful guides.
- Research and Documentation Online
- The information on this site is from the print publication Research and Documentation in the Digital Age by Diana Hacker, and includes: an extensive annotated list of specialized sources for more than 30 disciplines; guidelines for documenting print and online sources; sample papers; tips for evaluating print and online sources; a glossary of research terms; a list of style manuals
- Hunter College Reading/Writing Center
- Reading and Writing Handouts from Hunter College Writing Center
- Citation Machine
- Citation Machine is a tool to help you generate correctly formatted bibliographies.
For those who are really keen on developing a database of their own references, you might consider full Reference Managers or Reference Management Software such as
If you use other resources, please feel free to leave a comment.